Kapesni For Museum Staff
Easy, Affordable Mobile Device Tours for All Cultural Organizations
Kapesni helps your visitors discover, understand, enjoy, articulate, share, and remember.
Our software delivers rich features and a polished interface design that would be prohibitively expensive and time-consuming for most museums to develop individually. In making this significant investment on behalf of the cultural community, Kapesni has created a technology platform affordable enough for a small historical society with 1-2 staff members, and robust enough for a large urban museum.
Benefits for Museums
- Easy and affordable entry into the rapidly-growing world of mobile devices.
- Increase the time visitors spend in exhibit spaces.
- Raise visibility via visitors' social network sharing.
- Visitors use their own devices, minimizing staff support needs. Software can also be loaded onto hardware that you provide, such as iPod Touch or iPad.
- Gather mailing list subscriptions and social network followers.
- Useful metrics: reports help you interpret data on visitor usage and demographics.
- Become part of a global "collection of collections" that helps people find you.
- No IT responsibility, since Kapesni manages all software and back-end hardware infrastructure.
- Quick-Start Guide helps you plan content creation and streamlines data entry/uploads.
- Valuable features + affordable subscription plans = high ROI.
How It Works
- Intuitive web service makes it easy for museum staff to create and maintain content for an unlimited number of tours.
- Post descriptive text, images, audio files, and (soon) video. Our software formats content automatically so you don't have to.
- Visitors connect through any device with a Web browser, or through free Apps for iPhone and Android.
What You Get
- A full-featured, well-designed software package that makes it easy to access a new education and marketing channel.
- Powerful technology infrastructure: content and data management software; server space for text, image, and sound file storage; unlimited bandwidth.
- Clear documentation and basic technical support.
- Free themes to help personalize the appearance of your tours (if desired, we can develop customized templates, at additional cost, to better match your visual identity.
- A free implementation kit that streamlines public rollout (lobby signage, wall labels, etc.) and makes launch easy for the staff.
In 20 Words (Or Less!)
- Build a high-quality collection or exhibition tour in one afternoon
- Post unlimited tours for $95/month
It's really that simple. There are no setup costs and no long-term commitments for your organization. We've done everything we can to remove the two most important obstacles—cost and staff time—that so many museums struggle to overcome.
Need Help Getting Started?
We've built Kapesni to be so easy to use that nontechnical staff can upload all content for a rich, full-featured tour in an afternoon. We offer two additional services if you'd like guidance during your Kapesni implementation:
- Content creation and production
(text, photos, graphics/imaging, audio, video)
- Custom template design for your organization's tours
We handle content production and custom design on a project-by-project basis. Email us if you'd like more information.
Making sense of this rapidly-evolving technology can be daunting for any organization, especially those that don't have in-house technology experts. Please feel free to call or email us if you have any questions.